Monday, December 9, 2013

Korea... We Have Arrived


Took off from Chicago Sun, Dec 8 at 12:10 pm then landed in Seoul Mon, Dec 9 at 4:20 pm. Was a long flight but we ended up with exit row which was awesome for leg room but one seat was by window so Fred's legs got a bit chilly. Good thing for blankets. 

We stayed busy with movies, tv shows, food, drink and for me a quick 30 minute nap around what would have been 10:30 pm Chicago time. Fred slept on and off a few time but I really wanted to stay awake most of the time so I would be tired that right one when we arrived in Seoul. 

Our driver from Eastern was waiting for us as soon as we cleared customers, sign and all. He got us to our apartment no problem in about 30-40 minutes. We did a little unpacking, realized there is no closet (so we'll be literally living out of our suitcases) and Fred found the smallest drying rack ever to use with or washing machine. I think we'll have to plan at least 2 days for jeans to dry : )

We've been so busy thinking about the next thing (pack, get to Chicago, get to airport, flight, get to apartment, wake up, get to Eastern) that I don't think it has really sunk in yet that we'll be meting that little guy in all those pictures we've been receiving.  Now I'm super tired but writing this blog to keep myself awake until 9:00 pm. I am excited and nervous to meet Benjamin and his Foster Mother...such the unknown as what will happen during our time together?!?!  Hoping we get a few smiles and some giggles : ) 

Now I just pray our alarm goes off at 7:00 am. Though Fred will probably be up by 4:00 or 5:00 am anyway. Then off to Eastern in the morning to meet our son!






2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best on the BIGGEST day of your lives! Give my grandson a big hug when he is ready for it:)

    ReplyDelete