So I figured out last night that I've been living in my own little fantasy world of thinking we'd travel in 12 months. Have to be honest that no one ever told me that number and actually now that I think about it our agency has never given us an expected travel timeline!?! Silly me, I think I was just using wishful thinking that this year's traveling families waited anywhere from 12-15 months with the 12 coming at the end of the year as things started to speed up to come to a close. Guess I figured they'd pick up right were they left off since they got into a good groove. But seems they're still working to iron out the implementation of the new adoption laws that were passed in August 2012. Enough already....figure out the darn laws and start chipping away at this travel time!!!
Well news to everyone and please level set your expectations, we should be anticipating a 15 month wait. Through my wonderful network of online groups, I was recently informed by a fellow mom from our agency that this has been the anticipated wait period for a while now. How did I miss that little nugget of information and why does our agency not communicate anything to us on any level of consistency??? Anyway, another mom shared that her agency just informed all waiting families to expect a 14 month wait Referral to Exit Permit (then of course add on a couple months till travel). Things don't sound to be moving in the right direction to bring kiddos home to their families any sooner. Really hoping the new year brings even just a smidgen of good news as they start issuing Exit Permits again.
So feel free to continue asking us when we'll travel to bring Benjamin home, but the answer will now be and will remain August 2013 until further notice.
Hang in there Sarah...I will have my fingers crossed for you all in the new year.
ReplyDelete