Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Holidays

Had some fun this year for our Christmas card with a little family photo shoot. I scoured Pinterest and the Internet for ideas of pictures for an adoptive family pre coming home.  Not much out there, but the ones I did find sparked some great ideas.  So I prepared my list, grabbed some props from around the house, and we headed out to the country to brave one of the windiest days this year to get these great shots.  Our card turned out beautifully, and we were even able to slip a few prints into Benjamin's January care package!!



A few of the pictures that didn't make the card but still great mementos!




2 comments:

  1. A Christmas Eve Hello,

    I have never commented before, but have read your blog for some time now --- I am Katie's mom (marchikadoptionjourney.blogspot.com). The pictures for your card in this post are so creative and special I just had to say "WOW"! Much thought went into these and they tell such a wonderful story of love.

    I grew up in Champaign and went to the U of I ... our family's house for all those years on John Street is still there :) I'm only 3 hours away in Iowa now --- that all seems like most of a lifetime ago ... which it is really!

    The wait for Lillie to join Paul was soooooo long I can certainly understand your frustrations and disappointments. I think the saying goes: getting older isn't for sissies. Neither is adoption!

    I just wanted to send my good wishes to both of you as you wait for all of the joy to come :)

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words and so glad you've enjoyed my blog. I've been following Katie's blog for some time now as well as a few other families that brought kiddos home this year. This is all new to us so great to get a 'preview' through other's experience as well as learn the ins and outs of the whole process. Your grandchildren are adorable and I'm sure very much worth the wait : ) I'll take all the good wishes I can collect as we ride out these last months in 2013 to bring our little guy home.

      Sarah

      Delete