Monday, September 3, 2012

Rainy Weekend Projects

So we skipped out on a long camping weekend due to the weather....forecast = soggy & humid. Not sounding so fun with a dog in tow. We did miss our camping buddies and all the yummy food we would have enjoyed, but stayed home and caught up on some home projects and shopping.  Really what's a girl to do with a 3 day weekend...

Decided the cabinet bench on the front porch needed to be super cool and kid friendly.  So a little magnetic primer, chalkboard paint, and we're just about ready to reinstall. In plenty of time to start stocking them up with all things a toddler boy would love including magnets and chalk!


The next order of business was to tackle Benjamin's room.  I had some ideas here also to make it a super cool and inviting space including some Eric Carl prints and alphabet cut-outs.  Ran out this weekend to grab a few picture frames, shelf, and knobs.  We were then ready to get started making my vision a reality...hurry Fred before I change my mind again!!  Everything finally got hung up after much deliberation on spacing, locations, and heights.  Now if I'd just stop moving the furniture around!!   


Option 1: Chair on left and Dresser on right under self

Option 2: Dresser on left and Chair on right near shelf

All we need now is to top it off with some fresh linens, rug, and draperies.  Hope he likes it : ) 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! The Eric Carle "Benjamin" banner is so sweet! You did a great job! (I think I like Option 2!) :)

    ReplyDelete