Sunday, July 1, 2012

Who Says Boys Clothes Aren't Cute!?!

While shopping with my mom one day last month, we popped into a few kids stores to see what things we could find for care packages.  To our surprise there was quite the selection of cute clothing items with one of the trends this year being sea creatures...hello love sea creatures!!!  Later that got me thinking, why can't I just start scooping up all these lovelies now and have them on hand next year for our little guy?  So I took a small poll of the kiddos that just came home as this would be the same age Benjamin comes home.  Of course as we all know each kiddo is different, but the results pretty well showed they are wearing a range of 18 mos to 2T.  So now I was armed with the idea that Benjamin will probably be on target to wear his age or a even a little bit smaller.

While up in the Chicago area a couple weeks back, I started my hunt.  It felt great to have purpose in starting to fill up Benjamin's empty closet, and BONUS you get so much more for your dollar with kids clothes especially when all summer stuff is already on clearance! I continued my hunt yesterday with a dear friend while scouring the Chicago Premium Outlets in Aurora.  This was truly the Mecca of kids clothing....Gymboree, Carters, The Children's Place, Gap Kids, Oshkosh...we hit them all!!  It was so great to have her there to ask questions and bounce ideas about what is needed...well with having 3 boys of her own and all : )

A few of my favorite recent finds...loving plaid and overalls!

 

The closet is filling up...time to get the dresser painted!

 


Don't worry I'm not going too crazy, but hope to have just a small amount for Benjamin's arrival home.  It sounds like the last thing I want to do the first month we're home is hit the shopping scene!

3 comments:

  1. Love the chomp-chomp shirt! All so cute, and so exciting! Is he here yet?

    How 'bout now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Sarah! I just love you! I can't wait to see Benjamin in all of the adorable threads you picked out!! He's going to be the best dressed kiddo on the block. That gecko shirt is too cute! :) Thank you for such a treasured time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the bug while in San Fransico/Napa as well. Talked to many grandparents at the family wedding and got the scoop...GHP...Grandparents Have Privledges..they can do what they want and buy what they want no questions asked..even if it involves lots of trains and firetrucks:) Your outfits are cute as well.
    Grandma and Grandpa Schubert

    ReplyDelete