- Birthday card from us
- Magnetic photo of us
- Photo collage of jungle gym
- 2 Wheel Pals toys
- Click & Giggle Remote
- 3 shirts, 2 pants, and 3 pair socks
- 2 spoons & forks
- Sippy cup
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Birthday card from Grandma & Grandpa
- Book - Good Night Moon (Korean edition) from Grandma & Grandpa
- J & J lavender lotion and wash
- Desitin
| September Care Package - 1 Year |
| Gifts all wrapped up and ready to go! |
My favorite item we included was a birthday card-booklet that has a few questions listed in it to capture Benjamin's "firsts." So in our letter to his Foster Mother, I had the card translated and asked her to write the answers on the card and keep it for us. I really hope she is able to do this for us and we receive it back when we travel : )
First Year Memories: Your favorite food. Your favorite storybook. Your favorite toy. How we celebrated your birthday. Guests who helped celebrate. Inside the back pocket, there is room to store treasures like a lock of hair or blanket scrap, and a newspaper clipping about events of the day.
First Year Memories: Your favorite food. Your favorite storybook. Your favorite toy. How we celebrated your birthday. Guests who helped celebrate. Inside the back pocket, there is room to store treasures like a lock of hair or blanket scrap, and a newspaper clipping about events of the day.
Grandma and Grandpa also sent a card they had customized with Korean writing and a beautiful cover showcasing the traditional Korean dress...Hanbok. These garments are worn during celebrations and festivals, including the first birthday. We are hopeful we may even receive some pictures of Benjamin in a Hanbok.



Sooo much care in these care packages!!! I love the Korean card and Good Night Moon. Where did you find the book? Such fun stuff for the birthday boy to open! You are the best Mom! :)
ReplyDeleteThank heavens for the internet and summer vacation. I have burned up the keys looking for sites that offer items in Benjamin's native tongue. Nothing is too much trouble for my first grandchild:) And just think within weeks of his arrival home I will be retired and have tons of time to spoil him!
ReplyDeleteThanks Julie, I am a super fabulous mom if I do say so! Oh and Benjamin has a great Dad and 2 sets of wonderful grandparents : ) The book is from an online store another adoptive parent shared with me (HanBook), and I have to give credit to my mom as she ordered some books before I got to it.
ReplyDelete