It has been an amazing week with both a vacation and a referral. Now I finally get to post this announcement to my blog after filling out all of the paperwork to make it official! Actually, after 485 days of waiting, I can finally share that we are the proud parents of a son!! We'd like to introduce you to Benjamin Cho Westhoff. This is a picture from his 6 month check up which was part of our referral packet. Isn't he just a cutie pie!!!
DOB: September 9, 2011
Birth weight: 6.9 lbs
Born: Cho, Seung Joon
Cho = mothers last name; Seung = triumphant; Joon = hero
Referral Date: May 9, 2012
Oh happy days, but now on to our second wait to bring Benjamin home! For those of you wondering, this wait may be 12-15 months depending on how this year's exit permits go and what next year's quota will be. In the meantime, we look forward to the care packages we'll be able to send and to the opportunity to receive updates as he visits the doctor over this time with his foster family.
P.S. I have split out the referral day story into a separate post for your reading pleasure.
I'm cartwheeling and verklempt all at the same time. You're a Mommy! Fred's a Daddy! I'm so happy for you; what a beautiful baby!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wild head of hair.....Grandpa Schubert is so jealous:) One lucky baby, two lucky parents.
ReplyDeleteSooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHe's beautiful! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteit doesn't show my name, but this is karen.
DeleteCongratulations...he is a cutie. Buckle down for the next long part of the process. There are times that will fly by and others that are tougher. Keep the faith that you will bring your son home at the exact perfect time.
ReplyDelete