One of the first things I did once we got home was send the letter off to be translated by an online service. I of course paid for the rush delivery since I needed to mail the package up to Wisconsin ASAP. The letter was turned around in less that 12 hours, let alone on a Sunday!! So I bundled it all up into my 1 gallon Ziploc bag, headed off to the USPS on Monday, and Benjamin's first care package was en route on it's first leg of the journey.
Today, the care package boards a plane and travels with one of our wonderful families to South Korea. When they go in to meet their little girl for the first time (tears of joy), they will drop off ours as well as about a dozen other family's packages to our agency. These packages will then wait until the kiddos come on for their next check up, and there waiting for them will be all of these wonderful packages of love, hugs, and kisses! I can 't wait for Benjamin to revive our package and hopefully we will receive pictures of him getting into his stuff : )
Care Package Items
- Small blanket square with English letters and numbers
- Family board book
- Magnet picture of us
- J & J lavender baby wash & lotion
- Burt's Bees diaper cream
- 12 mo long sleeve shirt
- 12 mo shorts romper
- 18 mo sweet pants and long sleeve shirt
- Socks
- Bib
- Flash drive (ask the family to save pics for us)
- Bath toys
- Beautiful little bird necklace (small gift for foster mom)
- Korean & English version letter
| June Care Package - 9 mos old |
So excite to send our next care package as I better start collecting items!! We only hope we can squeeze in 3-4 more over the wait time as other families travel.


That was a smart move to get everything you wanted for your package several months ago so it'd be ready to go! I bet he'll fit in the 12 mo clothes now!
ReplyDeleteThe idea that he'll be looking at photos of his Mommy and Daddy for the next year just makes me puddle up! I can hardly wait to see photos of him with his stuff either. So exciting!
ReplyDelete