Last week we started to hear grumbling that court dates were being set for some families at end of May. All right we might actually be starting to get this show on the road for 2013. Mind you these families they're working with are "roll over" families from last year's exit permits and had referrals in Nov/Dec 2011!! So seriously let's get the move on as we've now completed 4 months of this year with nothing. And at that nothing has happened since the families that travelled last October.
So I reached out to my Social Worker and she said our agency was looking into these new developments and would need to get back to us once information was confirmed......so we wait....and I hang onto every word that is shared on the Facebook groups I belong to....
Finally, the news of movement was confirmed yesterday afternoon. The Korean Ministry is about ready to accept the first batch of cases for 2013 to be reviewed and given exit permits! Then they'll move onto the court process and face the trials and tribulations of the new judges. This part of the process includes possibly an appearance in court...which may become our new Travel Call. This first 2013 batch covers families with referrals from mid Dec 2011- Feb 2012...it's about time...but I'll still give it a BIG yippee!! There will still be a few months for them to get through the entire process and many unknowns are still out there, but so excited for my friends that will be in this first batch. Also crossing my fingers and toes that we'll make batch 2...whenever that's submitted.
So I reached out to my Social Worker and she said our agency was looking into these new developments and would need to get back to us once information was confirmed......so we wait....and I hang onto every word that is shared on the Facebook groups I belong to....
Finally, the news of movement was confirmed yesterday afternoon. The Korean Ministry is about ready to accept the first batch of cases for 2013 to be reviewed and given exit permits! Then they'll move onto the court process and face the trials and tribulations of the new judges. This part of the process includes possibly an appearance in court...which may become our new Travel Call. This first 2013 batch covers families with referrals from mid Dec 2011- Feb 2012...it's about time...but I'll still give it a BIG yippee!! There will still be a few months for them to get through the entire process and many unknowns are still out there, but so excited for my friends that will be in this first batch. Also crossing my fingers and toes that we'll make batch 2...whenever that's submitted.
This new special law on adoption that was passed last August has really put a new spin on the Korean adoption process...and I think we're all still spinning...families, kiddos, foster families, agencies, Ministry, and Court included! Yes, at this time last year families were already traveling and the second batch was being submitted. Yes, it is very sad that now we have to be excited about the darn courts finally getting their act together at 5 months into the year and families will start to travel in May. But I can't let myself dwell on what was (been there too long now) and how the process has worked in the past (or will work in the future) since this is a whole new ball game and we must celebrate every small victory for our children in coming home!
May compassion and diligence be in the judges’ hearts and minds
May the hands of the judges work swiftly and fluidly
May we see many children find their forever families and homes in 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment